Thursday, November 02, 2006

Rain Today











It rained most of the day. I mainly stayed inside by the fire, drank tea, read, wrote, painted, and talked to my brother who came over for a visit. It was a nice relaxing day. I am fond of rain and we were ready for it so there was no last minute covering of things.

Parts of the madrone house roof still don't have gutters so the rain splashed off the roof on to the ground below, making mud puddles, and nice splashing sounds.

In the afternoon the rain started to lift and before sunset the sun was out, and there were pretty puffy white clouds.

There are so few people around these days we are each making our own lunches, up until now there have been communal lunches and dinners each day with people taking turns cooking and cleaning. I cooked a curried lentil quinoa soup with chard on my rocket stove, the barrel you can cook on doesn't get really hot but since I put in on the stove really early it was cooked in time. The bench that the flew goes through got quite toasty, even a little uncomfortably hot to sit on for long periods.



























I realized that in an attempt to not upload too many fall colors pictures for the last post I had missed a lot of the different colors, the red and orange trees in particular, so I am adding one now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home