Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I Moved to Madrone House

A month or so ago Deleh decided that she wanted a break from living up here and moved down to town to see how she liked living on her own again. She is liking it and decided not to move back. It is sad but if she is happier there . . , she always spent a lot of time in town anyway, working and socializing, and didn't seem to be as happy doing things up here as you want to be in your home, although she really likes gardening and farming.


She left just as her house got done, in fact before the floor had all its coats of oil on it. She had been living mostly in the loft of madrone house (her house) for the last couple of years but the downstairs was not finished.

Now I moved in. The threat of rain is here so we decided the tents needed to be taken down, so Anastasia and I moved into houses. Anastasia into pond house and I into madrone house. Pond house was built my Mitch who recently moved to Eureka to live with his sweetie, but he still visits pretty often and stays in touch.

Deleh still has lots to stuff in the loft so I set up my bed on the day bed platform, next to four south facing windows, the two on the ends angle out to make a space and extend the room out a bit. Last night when I woke up in the middle of the night the waxing moon had set and the stars were bright. I was able to star gaze from bed and got up and found my constellation book from one of the boxes and learned. I had been meaning to do that since I got here. Just as I found the name of the constellations I had been looking at the clouds blew over them, leaving me to turn over and try to sleep.

Two women who happened to be in the area and were looking into community heard about Emerald Earth and came up for lunch one day in May, and liked it so much they came back to spend a week and see if they want to move here, and if the members here want to live with them. Lisa and Sue had a good time working, talking, playing and eating with all of us, the folks here liked them, and they are now planning on moving out from the east coast in February. They will probably move to madrone house, so it won't be vacant for long

1 Comments:

Blogger jade said...

About all the dusty foot prints, the floor was very well oiled so it is somewhat sticky, it needs dust on it to help soak into that extra oil.

I am planning on having a dusty dance party on a sticky floor sometime soon.

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home